Skip to content
- The staff at Van Mills Dental are very proud of the state-of-the-art sterilization centre and rigid sterilization and infection control protocols.
- All instruments are housed in cassettes which eliminates the risk of any contamination or injury during transfer.
- Instrument cassettes are then wrapped with special autoclave paper to ensure that they remain completely sterile after leaving the autoclave until they are in use.
- Wrapped instruments are sterilized in our hospital-grade autoclaves using several cycles of very hot steam.
- All sterilizers are monitored at every cycle with mechanical, chemical, and biological indicators. These ensure that the proper conditions of temperature and time are met with every load. In addition, details of every cycle are recorded digitally for verification.
- Filtered and distilled water in all units to ensure high quality contaminant-free water.
- All surfaces in the the operatory are cleaned prior to every patient with a hospital-grade tuberculocidal disinfectant.
- Personal and surface barriers are used throughout the office to ensure proper infection control.